Homelands is set over two floors. On the ground floor is a modern fitted kitchen with built in appliances (including a dishwasher) & breakfast bar, a cloakroom with WC and an open plan lounge / diner featuring a comfortable corner sofa, wood burning stove & French doors opening onto the patio and rear garden.
On the first floor are 3 bedrooms, each sleeping two adults (two doubles and one twin room), a family bathroom with bath & overhead rainfall shower and an en-suite shower room to the master bedroom.
To the rear of the property is an enclosed south facing garden with outdoor furniture and a BBQ. The property has off-road parking for two cars and a secure area for bike / push-chair storage etc.
For a 3D virtual tour of Homelands, click here.
- Beds with award winning, hypoallergenic mattresses and hypoallergenic duvets and pillows
- Blackout blinds in the bedrooms
- Gas central heating
- Thermostatically controlled radiators in all rooms for individual temperature control
- Cooling fans in the lounge and master bedroom
- Bathrooms with under-floor heating, thermostatically controlled bath & shower mixers and night mode / ambient lighting
- WC’s with soft close lids and eco-friendly dual flush mechanisms
- A range of equipment for young children including high chairs, stair gates and a travel cot (cot bedding not supplied)
- Washing, drying and ironing facilities
- A fixed line telephone for receiving incoming calls and emergency calls
Included in the price of your stay:
- A welcome pack that includes locally sourced products
- Reasonable use of electricity and gas
- Initial supply of logs & kindling for the wood-burning stove (winter only)
- Towels (one hand and one bath towel per guest)
- Bed linen (beds made up on arrival)
- Free WiFi and high speed internet access
- Lounge / diner. Open plan. 48” smart LED TV with Freeview and internet TV access, Bluetooth sound-bar system (which will wirelessly play music from smart phones and tablets etc.), DAB radio, Blu-ray DVD player, Nintendo Wii, French doors onto patio and garden, wood burning stove, large corner sofa, extendable dining table (seating 4 un-extended, 6 extended), selection of books, games and DVD’s
- Kitchen. Fully equipped with all appliances and utensils including electric combination oven, induction hob, microwave oven, built in fridge-freezer & dishwasher, washer dryer, 22” LED TV with radio function, kettle, toaster, Nespresso machine, Nutri-bullet, food processor, breakfast bar with 3 bar-stools
- Cloakroom. Wash basin & vanity unit, WC, electrically operated heated towel rail
- Master bedroom. King size bed, bedside units & lamps, built in wardrobe with vanity light, drawer unit, dressing table & mirror, hairdryer, 22” LED TV, Sonos and radio alarm clock with mobile phone charging facility, en-suite bathroom with walk in rainfall shower, wash basin & vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail, heated & illuminated vanity mirror with shaver socket, programmable under-floor heating.
- Bedroom 2. Double bed, bedside units & lamps, wardrobe, dressing table & mirror, hairdryer, radio alarm clock.
- Bedroom 3. Two full size single beds, bedside unit & lamps, wardrobe, bluetooth radio alarm clock.
- Bathroom. Kaldewei steel bath with overhead rainfall shower & separate hand shower, wash basin & vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail, heated & illuminated vanity mirror with shaver socket, programmable under-floor heating.
To the front. Gravel driveway with space for two cars which is accessed via a 5 bar gate. (Please note the driveway is shared with our neighbour). Gated access to rear garden. Guests will also have access to part of the garage to store bikes, pushchairs etc.
To the rear. Private and enclosed south facing garden, mostly laid to lawn, patio area with a range of garden furniture including a large table & chairs, parasol, BBQ and rotary washing line. Click here to read our Access Statement.
Homelands has recently been fully refurbished. During this process, attention was paid to sustainability and reducing the impact on the environment. The following features were included:
- Low power LED lighting throughout
- Cupboard lights that automatically turn on and off
- WC’s with water saving dual flush mechanisms
- A digital room thermostat with an ECO mode
- Thermostatically controlled radiators in all rooms
- An ‘A’ rated boiler
- Equipment with good energy efficiency ratings, including:
- An A+ rated oven
- A highly efficient induction hob (Philips rating 5/5)
- A+ rated dishwasher
- A+ rated fridge-freezer
- B rated washer dryer
We also try to promote local business. For example, we provide a small welcome pack on arrival, which is stocked with local goods, some of which carry the New Forest Marque www.newforestproduce.co.uk. This includes shampoo and shower gel from New Forest Aromatics www.newforestaromatics.co.uk, and cookies from the Isle of Wight.. The framed pictures which have been used to decorate Homelands are from local photographer Paul Robertson. A comprehensive information folder kept at the property has details of local attractions, local walks, cycle routes & cycle hire and public transport. We have arranged a discount for our guests at local cycle hire shop Cyclexperience www.newforestcyclehire.co.uk to encourage cycling. The information folder also offers some tips on how guests can help look after the environment during their stay,
Open all year. Short breaks available in low season. We regret no smoking and no pets (except assistance dogs).